Covid-19 Seawake Policy
Plan of action
An organised programme of measures to be taken in order to achieve goal of operating safe, enjoyable and entertaining powerboat courses! We take every possible precaution to ensure the safety of everyone around us. This information pack is subject to change and any revision will be published immediately.
To book your course
To book your powerboat course please either contact us on 01248 716335 or visit our book online, click HERE. 2 day courses are currently restricted to no more than 3 family members. 1 day courses on a 1 to 1 basis – 1 student per 1 instructor are available Monday to Friday inclusive.
On the day of your course
We ask that you please make sure that you have made provision for food and drinks. Our time in the classroom will be very limited.
Unfortunately, we will also not be able to provide waterproof jackets at this time, so it is your responsibility to bring warm suitable clothing for yourself.
- While social distancing is still being advised we will be restricting the theory work in the classroom to a minimum
- Joining instructions for courses will be the same as normal, here will be all the social distancing precautions taken in the classroom and on the boat, with alcohol hand gel available and you will be asked to sign a disclaimer to say that you and your family are not showing signs of covid -19
- Payments, we ask where possible for you to have prepaid for course either by bacs, PayPal or over the phone card payments – we will accept cash where this is not possible.
- Please ensure that you discard of any litter e.g coffee cups before going onto the pontoon as there are no bins on the pontoon or on the boat.
- We have purchased: (These will be made available to all students if they require them, following government guidelines)
- Clear plastic face visors
- Set of plastic disposable gloves
- We will have hand gel available
- Life jacket – you will have to fit this yourself. Your instructor will check the fitting.
- After each use of the boat the instructor will wash the boat down. We have disinfectant spray and wash for lifejackets and visors
- Once on the pontoon it will be your responsibility to remove gloves and face masks and placing in the bin provided and plastic visors will be put into a box with disinfectant to soak
As a business we continue to maintain to all required licences to operate safely within the law RYA and MCA code of practice.
Our duty of care hasn’t changed, we will continue to strive for the most enjoyable and safe time whilst you are spending time with us.
During the Covid – 19 pandemic it is ultimately our own responsibility to ensure our own safety and that of people around us, please be thoughtful and considerate to other pier/vessel users.
General and deep cleaning
Each vessel will be wiped down with disinfectant wipes in between each trip.
Deep cleaning at the end of each day will be carried out as our SOP’s and each vessel will be left ready for the next day!
Plastic visors will be cleaned thoroughly and left to dry overnight.
During this time whilst we are working at reduced numbers, there may be a price increase to cover costs – depending on which course and the length, all prices will be made known at the time of booking.